IGN just published a review of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Season 2 finale. They are giving it a 10 out of 10, which is really rare.
10/ 10 – MASTERPIECE
…nonstop action, drama and laughs, TMNT’s Season 2 finale is an episdoe Turtle fans won’t soon forget…
- +Best Earth invasion yet!
- +Fun Casey/Raph subplot.
- +Great Irma twist.
- +Awesome action scenes.
- +Appropriately dark ending.
If you haven’t heard of Ello.co yet, you probably will soon. It’s another social networking website. They call themselves an ad free alternative to Facebook; but we might find out at some point that it’s just some grad students computer science, or sociology experiment.
48 hours ago a friend of mine was talking about the site, I had never heard of it. Today a friend of mine said he got on, so I asked him for an invite.
The interface is weird and confusing. I kept trying to find friends of mine, but the search bar doesn’t work very well. When you do find your friends, you can drag and drop their icons into your ‘friends’ box. Right now her dog has more ‘followers’ than me.
Here’s a look at the insides, you can see how raw it is right now. Despite the clunkiness of Ello.co, it’s a little charming and seeing it evolve will be fun. Maybe even into a $100 billion IPO… but I doubt it.
Eventually I just got bored, logged off and started talking to people on Facebook again. If you want to check it out and and you need an invite send me a note and I’ll hook you up.
Well folks it looks like the era of “loot” caves is at an end. The Destiny moderators have decided to fix the economy exploits.
Here is a link tot he Hot Fix Document: Hot Fix – 09/25/2014
The Hive of the holy “Treasure Cave” have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack. Respawn timers for monster caves in Skywatch have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 6) Respawn timers for monster caves in Forgotten Shore have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10) Respawn timers for monster caves in Ember Caves have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10) Respawn timers for monster caves in the Shattered Coast have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10) Respawn timers for monster caves in the Barrens have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 20)
But shooting at a black hole for hours on end isn’t our dream for how Destiny is played.
It looks like there are some more changes on the way as well:
- Randomness of Engram colors
- The social experience of a cave farming run is amazing and here to stay
- Prioritizing making a system functional over celebrating its rewards
- Adding Voice communication
- Strikes are going to be corrected to be less grindy (More damage on Bosses, less damage from enemies)
- Balancing Character Builds
- Exotic weapons are getting tweaked, specifically Horn and Bad Juju
- Auto Rifle is too effective at long range
- Scouts Rifles just aren’t hitting hard enough
- Shotguns are effective beyond their intended range
If you’d like to read more here is a link to the Destiny Dev Notes.
8.0.1 will kill your cellular service and your TouchID button.
I upgraded from 8.0 to 8.0.1 this morning like a good soldier and noticed immediately my phone read No Service. I didn’t really think about it because I’m inside a building and that happens sometimes. An hour later my co-worker read me all the tweets flying about how the update kills your cellular service. So lo and behold the TouchID was broken too.
Here is the process I used to get my phone back and working:
- Plug it into iTunes
- Back up your phone. (This will not back up the OS. This will only backup all of your apps, text messages, etc. any data on the phone. )
- Download the image of iOS 8 from the internet here: iOS 8 Image List
- Hold Option and click Restore iPhone
- Select the iOS 8 IPSW firmware you just downloaded
- Click Restore and wait for iTunes to restore iOS 8
- When it’s done restore the backup you made in Step #2
Everything is working for me now, like it was before the update. The whole process took less than 30 minutes. The download, which is 2 gb, will take longer than the restore process itself; which is quick.
I hope this helps fix your phone if you updated, or prevented you from breaking your phone with the update.